1967 Mercury Cyclone “BIG BLOCK” 4- SPEED Convertible
This Cyclone Convertible that you are looking at came from one of the biggest and most prestigious car collections in the world. The John O’ Quinn Collection. He had around 800 very significant cars in his collection before he died and this was one of them.
In my opinion these extremely RARE BIG BLOCK CYCLONES are tremendously under-valued at this time.
Just compare them to an Olds 442 or a GTO convertible and you can see very easily what I am talking about. They are ½ the prices or more than these other Muscle Cars!! I think that the front nose of these rare Cyclone Convertibles are one of the, if not the most aggressive front views of any Muscle Car of the era. I love the fiber-glass hood with its twin air scoops. It tells you that this is not just some mundane run of the mill convertible.
I have been telling you how rare these Cyclone’s are and here is the proof from Marti Auto Works.
In 1967 there were 81,135 Comets made:
· 809 were CYCLONE CONVERTIBLES of them
· 33 were built with the BIG BLOCK 390 – 2 V engines of which
· 31 came with 4-SPEED TRANSMISSIONS
· ONLY 2 were painted INVERNESS GREEN
· ONLY 1 had SADDLE BUCKET SEATS
AND THIS IS THAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
This is one of those rare cars that you can take to almost any car show and be assured that you will have the only one like it at the show!!
If you are not familiar with these engines, they are the same basic engine that powered the 1967 Shelby GT500 and the 68 GT500’s. They were just bored out to 428 cu. Inches. Obviously, these are capable of being extremely FAST ENGINES and in its current state is very FAST.
This Cyclone has some extremely RARE documents that go with the car and also has a great deal of maintenance records that the owners kept during their time to care for this car.
· EXTREMELY RARE WARRANTY CARD; i.e. protecto-plate showing the date of delivery to be 4/27/67
· The original owners name which is Ted Kramer
· Ford guide for drivers booklet
· 1967 Owner's manual
· Warranty Book information
· Standard Marti Report
· Statistical Marti Report
· Plus all the service records from past owners
Here is a list of owners that I have found:
· Original owner - Ted Kramer
· OTHER KNOWN OWNERS:
· Tom Baker
· James Burrell
· Dealership named Vick’s Classics
· John O’Quinn Museum - If you would like to see where this Big Block Cyclone lived at one time just Google John O’Quinn Car Collection Houston TX. You will be quite amazed!!!!
This is a great driving convertible that is very tight and runs and stops just the way you would want it. The top is in very nice condition and works very well. It is a beige color and of course looks very nice with the saddle interior and dark green metallic paint.
Call me and I will be glad to answer any and all questions about this VERY RARE 67 BIG BLOCK 4-SPEED CYCLONE CONVERTIBLE.
STEVE FORRISTALL - 281-531-9090 or firstname.lastname@example.org